The Maverick’s investment mantras: Rakesh Jhunjhunwala’s most famous quotes
New Delhi: Veteran stock market investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala died this morning at the age of 62 in Mumbai. Even though ANI quoted hospital sources as saying that Jhunjhunwala has not been doing well for the past few days, the news of his death definitely took the country by surprise. Jhunjhunwala was born on July 5, 1960 and grew up in Mumbai. Besides investing, Jhunjhunwala also ran a private equity trading company known as RARE Enterprises, a name derived from the first two letters of his wife Rekha and himself.Also Read – Rakesh Jhunjhunwala as Philanthropist – ‘Big Bull donated approx. Rs 13.69 Lakh per day’
Here are some of the golden quotes of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala
- “Hasty decisions always lead to heavy losses. Take your time before putting money into a stock.
- “No one can predict weather, death, market and women. The market is like a woman, always authoritarian, mysterious, uncertain and volatile. You can never really dominate a woman and you can’t dominate the market either.
- “Respect the market. Have an open mind. Know what to bet. Know when to suffer a loss. To be responsible.”
- “Always go against the grain. Buy when others are selling and sell when others are buying.
- “Never invest at unreasonable valuations. Never run for companies that are in the limelight.
- “Anything you can do or dream of power, start it. Boldness has genius, power and magic.”
- “Prepare for losses. Losses are an integral part of life for stock market investors.
- “Anticipate the trend and take advantage of it. Traders should go against human nature.
- “Emotional investing is a surefire way to make losses in stock markets.”
- “Trading always keeps you on your feet, it keeps you alert. That’s one of the reasons I love trading.
- “You can’t make profits in the stock market if you don’t have the capacity to bear losses.”
- “Buy when others sell and sell when others buy – the mantra of the stock market.”
- “Invest in companies that have strong management and competitive management.”
- “When opportunities arise, they can be through technology, marketing, brands, value protection, capital, etc. You need to be able to spot them.”
- “Stock markets are always right. Never time the market”
Also Read – “Invincible spirit, deeply passionate about all things Indian…”, Akasa Air Pens an encouraging note for the death of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala Also Read – What Was Rakesh Jhunjhunwala’s Net Worth?