Quotes from the late Black Mamba to remember him
Kobe Bryant would have turned 43 on Monday. The name of the legendary NBA player was synonymous with Los Angeles whose talent earned him a huge fan base who often referred to him as Black Mamba.
Bryant, whose full name was Kobe Bean Bryant, was a five-time NBA championship winner, two-time Olympic gold medalist and Academy Award winner.
He was born on August 23, 1978 and died on January 20, 2020 in a helicopter crash alongside his daughter Gianna and seven other people.
Check out some inspirational quotes from Bryant, compiled from Quotes from A to Z and Smart quote, in honor of the birthday and legacy of the late athlete.
1. âGreat things come with hard work and persistence. No excuses.”
2. “The most important thing is to try to inspire people so that they can be great at whatever they want to do.”
3. âThe most important thing, the thing that unites us all, is that we can inspire and challenge each other to be better. “
4. âI can’t relate to the lazy. We don’t speak the same language. I do not follow you. I don’t want to understand you.
5. âI have never tried to prove anything to anyone else. I wanted to prove something to myself.
6. âI have a doubt. I am insecure. I am afraid of failure. I have nights when I show up at the arena and I say to myself: âMy back hurts, my feet hurt, my knees hurt. I do not have it. I just want to relax. We all have doubts about ourselves. You don’t deny it, but neither do you surrender. You kiss her.
7. “If you want to make history, you have to do historical things.”
8. “Everything negative – the pressure, the challenges – is an opportunity for me to rise up.”
9. âYou cannot be a prisoner of fear of failure or of fear of what people may say. “
10. âHere I am. I’m not going anywhere. No matter what the injury – unless it’s completely debilitating – I’ll be the same player I’ve always been. I’ll figure it out. I’m going to make a few adjustments, a few changes, but I’m still coming.