“He eats a lot of ice cream”: Quotes of the week
“It’s become so partisan and so divided that I have to say it’s almost two states.”
“It’s from my hometown. It’s from Johnson County, Johnson County Sheriff’s, which is a legit badge.
“He eats a lot of ice cream.”
“There are many rivers that feed the sea of rodents in this city, and today we are damming one of them.”
- Mayor of New York Eric Adams announcement of plans to tackle the city’s rat problem.
“Yes, we need a generational change. Of course we need it. But, in some cases, there is no substitute for experience.”
“I almost watch a season of football like I’m going on deployment for the military. And it’s like, ‘Man, here we go again.'”
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady compare the rigors of the NFL season going to war.
“James Corden is an extremely gifted comedian, but a little moron of a man and the most abusive customer of my Balthazar servers since the restaurant opened 25 years ago. I don’t often meet a client. today I have 86’d Corden. It didn’t make me laugh. »
- Restaurant owner Balthazar Keith McInally reveals he banned the comedian James Cordon of his restaurant for his behavior towards the staff. He later withdrew the ban after Corden apologized.
“Overall, the Lieutenant Governor is recovering well from his stroke and his health has continued to improve.”
“He wouldn’t have had the courage to come to the Hill. It’s all just talk.
- pelosi reaffirms her statement that she hit the former President Donald Trump if he went to the Capitol on January 6.
“Kevin has decided to make his bed and is ready to lie down with lice, fleas and blood sucking ticks.”
“Having kids is the reason you worry about gas prices… [and] how much does the food cost. For women, this is not a reductive question. You can’t separate being forced into having an unwanted pregnancy from the economic realities of having a child.
“Look, it makes sense. How long have I been doing this now? It’s not politically motivated at all. It’s motivated to make sure I keep pushing on what I’ve been pushing. And it’s is to ensure that there is enough oil that is pumped by the companies so that we have the capacity to produce enough gas that we need here at home, oil that we need here at home, and in same time, continue to move in the direction of providing alternative energy.
- Biden bristles at the thought that his decision to tap into the Strategic Petroleum Reserve was politically motivated to benefit Democrats ahead of the midterm elections.
“I cannot fulfill the mandate. … I will remain Prime Minister until a successor has been chosen.”
“The suggestion from any federal bureaucracy that we take steps to facilitate border crossings is totally unacceptable.”
- governor of arizona At Doug Ducey’s Desk repels to the Biden administration wanting the state to tear down shipping containers as a makeshift border wall.
“COVID-19 warrants should be in our rearview mirror. The decision to vaccinate a child against COVID-19 is up to parents in Virginia to decide what is best for them and their family. We will not adhere to these @CDCgov mandates.
“It’s mega, MAGA is falling back. The kind of policies that have failed the country before, and it will fail again and mean more wealth for the very rich, higher inflation for the middle class. This is the choice that we are facing.”
“I have disagreed with him more than with any other judge. Which means we don’t meet on many cases. And yet I can tell you that I spend time with him, knowing that he’s one of the few judges who knows practically everyone in our building. He knows their names, he knows the things in their lives, what their families are going through. … There’s no other justice that does that. I try, but he does it better. He cares about people.”