Date, Wishes, Messages, Quotes, History, Meaning, etc.
International Dance Day 2022: It is celebrated on April 29 around the world. This day also marks the birthday of Jean-Georges Noverre, the creator of modern ballet. Every year since its inception, an outstanding dance personality is selected to write a message on the occasion of International Dance Day. Take a look at its history, meaning, some famous quotes, wishes and messages, here.
International Dance Day 2022: History
It was created by the Dance Committee of the International Theater Institute, ITI, UNESCO’s main partner for the performing arts. The day was established in 1982, and since its inception, the International Dance Committee and the International Theater Institute (ITI) select an outstanding dance personality each year to write a message for International Dance Day.
International Dance Day 2022: Meaning
It is a day of celebration for those who can value and give importance to the art of “dance”. This day is also a wake-up call for governments, politicians and institutions that have not yet recognized its value for the people and also for the individual. Dancing also has health benefits. It’s a way to stay fit for people of all ages, shapes and sizes. Dancing helps burn calories, strengthens muscles, improves balance, increases flexibility and also gives a great workout.
International Dance Day 2022: Quotes
1. “Dancing is like dreaming with your feet!” – Constantius Mozart
2. “Dancers don’t need wings to fly.” – Unknown
3. “Dance is the hidden language of the soul.” –Martha Graham
4. “Dance is poetry with arms and legs.” –Charles Baudelaire
5. “Dancing is creating a sculpture that is only visible for a moment.” –Erol Ozan
6. “The job of the feet is to walk, but their hobby is to dance.” -Amit Kalantri
7. “Dancers are not made of their technique, but of their passion.” – Agnes de Mille
8. “The most essential thing in the discipline of dance is devotion.” -Merce Cunningham
9. Dance for yourself. If someone understands, so much the better. Otherwise, it doesn’t matter.” – Louis Horst
10. “Dancing is your pulse, your heartbeat, your breathing. It is the rhythm of your life. It is the expression in time and movement, of happiness, joy, sadness and envy. – Jacques d’Amboise
11. “The job of the feet is to walk, but their hobby is to dance.” -Amit Kalantri
12. “Dancing is your pulse, your heartbeat, your breathing. It is the rhythm of your life. It is the expression in time and movement, of happiness, joy, sadness and envy. – Jacques d’Amboise
13. “Dance is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire.” -George Bernard Shaw
14. “Dancing is being out of yourself. Bigger, more beautiful, more powerful… It’s power, it’s glory on earth and it’s up to you to take it” – Agnès De Mille
15. “Dance, when you’re open. Dance, if you’ve ripped off the bandage. Dance in the middle of the fights. […] Dance when you are perfectly free. – Jalaluddin Rumi
International Dance Day 2022: wishes and messages
1. On International Dance Day, I wish you always dance to the tunes you love and live your life the way you want. Happy World Dance Day!
2. The only way to make sense of change is to immerse yourself in it, move with it, and join the dance. Happy International Dance Day!
3. Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Get up and dance. Great dancers are great because of their passion. Happy International Dance Day!
4. When you dance, you can enjoy the luxury of being yourself. Happy International Dance Day!
5. Learn the craft of knowing how to open your heart and activate your creativity. There is a light inside of you. Happy International Dance Day!
6. Dancing is the way to express your emotions and feelings and dancing is also the way to enjoy your body…. I wish you a very happy International Dance Day!
7. Dancing is like breathing, it’s like catharsis… Take full advantage of it and let your emotions flow… I wish you a very happy International Dance Day!
8. Dancing allows you to find yourself and lose yourself at the same time. Happy International Dance Day!
9. Dance can reveal all that is mysterious in music, and it also has the merit of being human and palpable. Dance is poetry with arms and legs. Happy International Dance Day!
10. Dance like no one is watching…. Dance like there’s no tomorrow! Happy Dance Day!