CHEVY NCS AT TEXAS ALL-STAR OPEN: Post-race notes and quotes
BEST CHEVY TEAM UNOFFICIAL RACE RESULTS:
1st DANIEL SUAREZ, NO. 99 CAMARO ZL1 HIGHWAY INSURANCE
2nd AUSTIN DILLON, NO. 3 STORES BASS PRO/TRACKER OFF-ROAD CAMARO ZL1
3rd JUSTIN HALEY, NO. 31 LEAF FILTER CAMARO ZL1 GUTTER PROTECTION
4th COREY LAJOIE, NO. 7 BUILD.COM CAMARO ZL1
5th ERIK JONES, NO. 43 FOCUSFACTOR CAMARO ZL1
6th TY DILLON, NO. 42 FERRIS CAMARO ZL1
12th TYLER REDICK, NO. 8 CAMARO ZL1 GUARANTEED RATE
15th LANDON CASSILL, NO. 77 ENERGY SOLUTIONS SHELTON CAMARO ZL1
16th RICKY STENHOUSE JR., NO. 47 KROGER/VIVA CAMARO ZL1 TOWELS (STAGE 1 WINNER)
TOP FIVE UNOFFICIAL RACE RESULTS:
1st Daniel Suarez (Chevrolet)
2nd Austin Dillon (Chevrolet)
3rd Justin Haley (Chevrolet)
4th Corey Joy (Chevrolet)
5th Erik Jones (Chevrolet)
CHEVY OPEN TEAM POST-RACE QUOTES:
DANIEL SUAREZ, NO. 99 FREEWAY INSURANCE CAMARO ZL1, All-Star Open Race Winner; Advance to All-Star race.
YOU HAD A GOOD CHANCE TO ENTER BY FAN VOTING, BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU TO RUN YOUR WAY?
“I would have liked to know the result because I felt like I had received a lot of support on social media over the last two weeks from the fans. I felt like they were going to support if something happened, but I really wanted to pick up speed.
The car had the speed, we just needed to work on the balance a bit. When we figured that out, it was kind of a tire and restart game. A lot of people managed to hold their position until the end and made a few good restarts to stay ahead.
JUSTIN MARKS, OWNER AND FOUNDER, TRACKHOUSE RACING
“The driver had to work on site. The team made some good changes and gave him a race car right at the end when it mattered. It’s just another surreal moment in my life. I’m so lucky to have all these wonderful people who work so hard and give us the opportunity to do great things.
Two Trackhouse Racing cars in the Million Dollar All-Star Race; quite exciting!”
RICKY STENHOUSE JR., No. 47 KROGER/WISE CAMARO ZL1 – All-Star Open Stage One winner; Advance to All-Star race.
RICKY STENHOUSE JR., YOU TOOK BUSINESS FROM THE START. HOW ENCOURAGING IS THAT FOR YOU AND NO. 47 TEAM?
“We definitely had a lucky circumstance to go to the front row. Our #47 Kroger/Viva Camaro took off really strong there. The Kroger team has been working very hard over the past few weeks and we’ve seen results, which is good. Now let’s run for a million dollars and be in the big show. We sat down and watched it last year, so it feels really good. We will make some adjustments. I have a better idea of what my car was doing there, so hopefully we can race through the pack.
ERIK JONES, NO. 43 FOCUSFACTOR CAMARO ZL1, won the fan vote, giving Jones the fourth and final starting position for the 2022 NASCAR All-Star Race.
YOUR FANS OF FAMOUS NO. 43 CAR VOTED TO ENTER THE ALL-STAR RACE.
“Appreciate the fans, thank you. I never thought I would have a chance to win, but the No. 43 fans are strong enough. We struggled a bit, but we’re going to make some big changes here tonight and we hope to give them a hard time.
NASCAR ALL-STAR OPEN: FIRST STAGE
· The 20-lap first stage of the NASCAR All-Star Open went without warning, with Ricky Stenhouse Jr. leading every lap to claim the stage victory and transfer to the NASCAR All-Star Race.
· This will mark the fourth NASCAR All-Star Race start for Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
NASCAR ALL-STAR OPEN: SECOND STAGE
· Corey LaJoie took to the green for the second leg from pole position after team manager Ryan Sparks opted not to stop after the first leg.
· The conclusion of stage two saw Daniel Suarez lead the bow tie brigade to a second-place finish. Chevrolet swept from second to seventh in the final running order at the end of the stage.
NASCAR ALL-STAR OPEN: FINAL STAGE
· The final leg of the NASCAR All-Star Open was a 10-lap dash to the finish, with a Chevrolet front row leading the field to the green with Daniel Suarez and Austin Dillon.
· Restarting the final stage with eight laps to go following a warning issued by Reddick, Daniel Suarez took his #99 Freeway Insurance Camaro ZL1 to victory in the NASCAR All-Star Open Race and third-place NASCAR transfer. All-Star Race.
· This will mark the third NASCAR All-Star Race start for Daniel Suarez.
· Erik Jones was named the winner of the fan vote, giving the #43 FOCUSfactor Camaro ZL1 team fourth and final berth for the NASCAR All-Star Race.