Check date, day, time, significance, quotes, wishes, celebrations, etc.
Buddha Purnima 2022: Buddha Purnima is also known as Buddha Jayanti, Vesak, Vaishaka and Buddha’s Birthday. It is observed every year on the full moon day of the month of Baisakh, i.e. April or May. This year it will be celebrated on May 16, 2022. Buddha Purnima, Gautama Buddha is believed to have attained enlightenment. The day is not far away, so take a look at the puja timings, its meaning, some inspirational quotes from Lord Buddha and wishes to share on this day.
Buddha Purnima is believed to be an important day in yogic culture as it is the third Purnima after the earth moves north towards the sun. This is the day Gautama Buddha attained enlightenment. The day is commemorated by Buddhists and Hindus around the world and is a major festival in countries like India, Nepal, Bhutan, Burma, Thailand, Tibet, China, Vietnam, Mongolia, Cambodia, Singapore, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, etc.. and each country celebrates the holiday in its own way.
READ| Buddhist mudras, hand gestures and their meaning
Buddha Purnima 2022: Time of Tithi and Puja
According to the sources, Purnima tithi is scheduled to start at 12:45 a.m. on May 15, 2022 and end at 9:43 a.m. on May 16, 2022.
Gautama Buddha’s birth name was Siddhartha Gautama. He was born c. 6th-4th century BCE, Lumbini, near Kapilavastu, Republic of Shakya, Kingdom of Kosala (now in Nepal). Buddha’s birthday is observed as Buddha Purnima. It is believed that on this day he attained enlightenment. He died in Kusinara, Republic of Malla, Kingdom of Magadha (now Kasia, India).
Buddha Purnima 2022: Celebration
On this day, people all over the world offer prayers to Lord Buddha and seek knowledge and wisdom. Some people may visit Buddhist temples and donate to the needy. Some devotees meditate, observe fasting, read the holy scriptures of the Buddhist religion, etc. Also, people celebrate Buddha Purnima by sharing Lord Buddha’s wishes and quotes with their loved ones and loved ones.
READ| Teaching of Buddha | Buddhist Council | Causes of decline
Buddha Purnima 2022: Meaning
Lord Buddha preached Dharma (duty), non-violence, harmony and kindness. At the age of 30, he left his worldly possessions and his principality to lead a life in search of truth and also to seek penance in the hope of freedom from suffering.
It is believed that on this day, the full moon day of May, three major events occur in the life of Lord Buddha. First, Lord Buddha was born as Siddhartha Gautama in Lumbini. Second, after a few years of hardship, he attained enlightenment under the shade of the Bodhi tree. Third, after teaching the truth for several years, he died at the age of eighty in Kusinara.
Buddha Purnima 2022: Inspirational Quotes from Lord Buddha
1. “If you knew what I know about the power of giving, you wouldn’t let a single meal go by without sharing it in some way.”
2. “No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one can. We have to walk the path ourselves.
3. “Learn this from the water: the stream splashes hard but the depth of the oceans is calm.”
4. “To radiate boundless love to the whole world.”
5. “A disciplined mind brings happiness.”
6. “It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then victory is yours. It cannot be taken away from you.”
7. “Peace comes from within. Don’t look for it without.
8. “Your job is to discover your work and then wholeheartedly give yourself to it.”
9. “Three things cannot be hidden for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth.”
10. “Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.”
READ MORE | Buddha Purnima 2022: Quotes, Wishes, Messages, WhatsApp & Facebook Status, Images, Poems, etc.
Buddha Purnima 2022: wishes and messages
1. I wish you will always be showered with abundant fortune and prosperity and find your way to eternal happiness. Happy Buddha Purnima 2022!
2. On Buddha Purnima, may the divine grace of Lord Buddha be with you always.
3. May Lord Buddha guide us to the path of love, peace and truth. Happy Buddha Purnima to you and your family
4. Warm wishes to you on this auspicious day of Buddha Purnima!
5. “Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. Happy Buddha Purnima 2022!
6. Pray for peace and harmony for all mankind on this auspicious day. Happy Buddha Purnima.
7. The world will surely become a much better place to live in if we understand the importance of happiness over money…Happy Buddha Purnima 2022!
8. May Lord Buddha remove obstacles in our lives. Happy Buddha Purnima to you and your loved ones.
9. “Suffering doesn’t hold you back, you hold the hurt back.” Happy Buddha Purnima 2022!
10. This Buddha Purnima, may you be enlightened by divine rays and the grace of the Almighty.
READ| Important days and dates in May 2022