Arizona Wildcats 41-19 Loss to No. 3 Oregon Ratings, Quotes & Stats | Arizona Wildcats Football
EUGENE, Oregon – The Arizona Wildcats lost to the No. 3 Oregon 41-19 on Saturday at Arizona Stadium. Here are some relevant notes, quotes and statistics from the AU’s latest setback:
* The loss was Arizona’s 16th in a row, extending the Wildcats’ school-record losing streak. It is also the longest active skid in the country. When Arizona faces UCLA on October 9 after a pass, more than two years will have passed since the Wildcats’ last win (October 6, 2019 at Colorado).
* Arizona lost for the fourth time in their last five meetings with Oregon. It was the Wildcats’ third straight loss to Eugene. The average margin of these defeats: 23.3 points
* Oregon won their 15th straight game at Autzen Stadium and 11th straight home Pac-12 game. The Ducks are 18-1 at home under Mario CristÃ³bal.
* Arizona failed to score 20 points for the seventh straight game. The Wildcats’ point total over this period is 10, 13, 7, 16, 14, 19, 19.
* Arizona edged Oregon 435-393, marking the third time this season that the Wildcats have racked up more yards than the opposition. Arizona’s 435 total yards and 202 rushing yards were season highs. The Wildcats’ previous best rushing total was 106 yards.
* Arizona limited three of its top four opponents to less than 400 yards overall. During the 2019 and 2020 seasons, spanning 17 games, Arizona held the opposition within 400 yards just once (Arizona State November 30, 2019).