37 Powerful Remembrance Day 2022 Quotes To Honor Our Fallen Soldiers
It’s November 11, 2022 and people across the UK and Commonwealth are honoring Remembrance Day with touching quotes.
The annual memorial, also known as Armistice Day, commemorates members of the armed forces who have sadly lost their lives in the line of duty.
It is celebrated on November 11 to mark the end of World War I, which ended “at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month” in 1918.
People often stop for a two-minute silence at 11 a.m. on Remembrance Day and carry poppies, which grew on the battlefields after the end of the First World War.
If you want to support Remembrance Day on social media today, here are 37 impactful quotes to share on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook…
37 Powerful Remembrance Day Quotes
- “They shall not grow old, as we who remain grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At sundown and in the morning. We shall remember them.” – Laurence Binon
- A hero is someone who gave their life for something bigger than themselves. – joseph campbell
- “Renting what is lost makes memory dear. – william shakespeare
- “Let’s not forget that.” – Rudyard Kipling
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not in speaking words, but in living by them.” – John F Kennedy
- “In the fields of Flanders, the poppies are blowing. Between the crosses, row upon row. Which mark our place; and in the sky. The larks, always bravely singing, fly. – John McCree
- “If I must die, think only of me. That there is a corner of a foreign field. It’s forever England. There will be. In this rich earth hid a richer dust. – Rubert Brooke
- “The living owe those who can no longer speak to tell their story for them.” – Czeslaw Milosz
- “Never has so much been owed by so many people.” – Winston Churchill
- “This nation will only remain the land of the free as long as it is the home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis
- “The brave never die, though they sleep in the dust: Their courage enervates a thousand living men.” – Minot J. Savage
- “Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It signifies a strong desire to live taking the form of a will to die. – GK Chesterton
- “Duty, Honor, Fatherland. These three sacred words respectfully dictate what you should be, what you can be, what you will be. – Douglas MacArthur
- “In the fields of Flanders the poppies blow Between the crosses, row upon row, That mark our place, and in the sky The larks, still singing bravely, fly barely heard among the cannons below.” – John McCrae
- “To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.” – Thomas Campbell
- “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and heroines! – Maya Angelou
- “Their memory is as enduring as the land they honored.” – Daniel Webster
- “Fallen heroes represent the character of a nation that has a long history of patriotism and honor.” – Castle of Michael N.
- “A hero is someone who gave their life for something bigger than themselves.” – joseph campbell
- “A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with their freedom.” – Bob Dylan
- “The true soldier fights not because he hates what’s in front of him, but because he loves what’s behind him.” – GK Chesterton
- “We have lived, felt the dawn, seen the sunset shine, loved and been loved, and now lie in the fields of Flanders.” – John McCrae
- “The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the legacy of a great example.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “But the freedom they fought for, and the great country they worked for, Is their monument today, and for yes.” – Thomas Dun
- “There is nothing nobler than risking your life for your country.” – Nick Lampson
- “Fortune favors the brave.” – Terence
- “Who kept the faith and fought; The glory is theirs, the duty is ours. – Wallace-Bruce
- “If a man has not discovered something for which he will die, he is not fit to live.” – Martin Luther King Jr..
- “No man is a man until he has been a soldier.” – Louis de Berniere
- “Four things sustain the world: the learning of the wise, the justice of the great, the prayers of the good, and the valor of the brave.” – Elijah Muhammad
- “We sleep peacefully in our beds at night only because brutal men are willing to do violence in our name.”- george orwell
- “Heroism doesn’t always happen in a burst of glory. Sometimes small triumphs and big hearts change the course of history. »- Mary Roach
- “No risk, no glory.” – Major General Frederick C. Blesse
- “Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never – in anything, big or small, big or small – only ever give in to the convictions of honor and common sense.” – Winston Churchill
- “Cowards die many times before they die; the valiant never taste death but once. – william shakespeare
- “Brave men rejoice in adversity, just as brave soldiers triumph in war.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “We often take for granted the very things that are most deserving of our gratitude.” – Cynthia Ozick
In other news, Is Aldi open on Veterans Day, November 11, 2022?
Comments are closed.